Thanks to Duke Energy, we’re giving away another 350 trees in December!
350 Energy-Saving Trees are available to help you save on energy, reduce your utility bills, and help clean the water and air throughout the Upstate.
Where?(The events are RAIN or SHINE!)
December 6, 2019
- City of Clemson Parks & Recreation, Nettles Park, 102 Nettles Park Road, Clemson, SC 29631
- 11:30am to 1pm and 3pm to 6pm
December 7, 2019
- Cleveland Park-Spartanburg, 141 North Cleveland Park Drive, Spartanburg, SC 29303
- 9am to 11:30am
Why Trees? Thanks to Duke Energy, TreesUpstate has given away 4,477 trees. Using iTree, a software suite developed by the USDA Forest Service, the forecasted 20-year cumulative benefits of these 4,477 trees are:
- Energy Savings: 8,680,181 kWh saved
- Carbon Sequestration: 11,946,525 pounds CO2 stored
- Stormwater Runoff: 56,046,713 gallons captured
- Air pollutants: 24,567 pounds removed
Grow benefits that last a lifetime.
- Reduce energy costs
- Improve air and water quality
- Reduce air pollution
- By planting the right tree in the right place, you can reduce energy consumption by up to 20% each year.
FAQ’s for SPRING 2020 Events
When and where do we pick up our tree? 12/6 in Clemson on 12/7 in Spartanburg. If you receive a tree, you must pick it up at that location.
Do I have to reserve a tree? Can I just show up and pick-up a tree? You don’t have to pre-register for the Arbor Day giveaways. It will help you make sure you get a tree though.
Can we get more than one tree? The maximum number of trees per household is two trees.
How big will they get? Large shade trees and small understory trees are available. You’ll get species information that includes mature height and width when you reserve your tree online.
Does it matter where I live? These trees will be available to everyone in the Upstate.
Energy Saving Trees is a program of the Arbor Day Foundation. This program is locally administered by TreesUpstate and presented by Duke Energy.