Thanks to Duke Energy, we’re giving away another 150 trees in May!
150 Energy Saving Trees are available to help you save on energy, reduce your utility bills, and help clean the water and air throughout the Upstate.
All trees must be claimed through pre-registration.
- The Rail Yard, 353 Forest Avenue, Spartanburg, SC 29302
- May 10th – from 10am to 1pm
Why Trees? Thanks to Duke Energy, TreesUpstate has given away 5,377 trees. Using iTree, a software suite developed by the USDA Forest Service, the forecasted 20-year cumulative benefits of these 5,377 trees are:
- Energy Savings: 11,160,130 kWh saved
- Carbon Sequestration: 15,360,914 pounds CO2 stored
- Stormwater Runoff: 72,065,193 gallons captured
- Air pollutants: 31,588 pounds removed
Grow benefits that last a lifetime.
- Reduce energy costs
- Improve air and water quality
- Reduce air pollution
- By planting the right tree in the right place, you can reduce energy consumption by up to 20% each year.
When and where do we pick up our tree? When you pre-register and reserve your tree online, you will select a date, time, and location to pick-up your tree(s)
Do I have to reserve a tree? Can I just show up and pick-up a tree? All 150 trees must be reserved online. Unclaimed trees can be picked up first come first serve while supplies last on Saturday from 1:00pm to 12:15pm.
Can we get more than one tree? The maximum number of trees per household is two trees.
How big will they get? Large shade trees and small understory trees are available. You’ll get species information that includes mature height and width when you reserve your tree online.
Does it matter where I live? These trees will be available to everyone in the Upstate.
Energy Saving Trees is a program of the Arbor Day Foundation. This program is locally administered by TreesUpstate and presented by Duke Energy.