Mature trees public health, social, economic, and environmental benefits. Quality nursery stock needs to be planted and cared for in accordance with best management practices. Due to poor site design, poor species selection, poor nursery stock, and improper tree installations and care…the average lifespan of an urban tree is only 7-15 years. Urban trees can and should live to maturity so we get a return on our investment through the benefits that trees provide. When you follow best management practices urban trees can live 40, 60, 80, and up to a 100 years and longer!
TreesUpstate ‘s ISA Certified Arborist’s can help you get a better return on your investment.
Do you want to spend $500,000 or more to plant trees in a new park or development that will start to fail and need to be replaced 7 years from now? Or do you want to engage a certified arborist so those newly planted trees to live 40-100+ years?
TreesUpstate provides free technical support on tree planting and care to schools, nonprofits, LMI neighborhood associations, and county/municipal staff in our service area (Greenville, Spartanburg, Oconee, Anderson, Pickens County).
Fees for Service: TreesUpstate also provides limited fee-for-services to cities and counties outside our service area and to industry professionals e.g., developers, builders, landscapers, and property management company’s.
Technical Support Services and Workshops we provide include:
- ANSI A300 and Z60.1 Standards and TCIA Best Management Practices (BMP)
- Hands on staff training for tree installation and care
- Custom workshop series at your site for your staff and/or leadership team
- Specifications for BMP’s e.g., soil preparation, nursery stock, tree installation, tree care
- Nursery Stock selection
- Tree ID
- Tree care evaluations and recommendations for mitigation and improvement
- Forest restoration
- Invasives: Mitigation, Removal, and Replanting
- Plan review (e.g., site plans, landscape plans, species lists, tree installation specifications, general landscape notes, tree protection specifications, bid review, construction set review).
- Tree Planting and Care: we provide onsite training to installers and quality control during installation
- Tree Ordinances
New Development, Construction, & Tree Protection
The best outcomes involve a certified arborist from the very beginning of the site analysis & design through getting a certificate of occupancy. TreesUpstate recommends you engage an ISA Certified Arborist from a local tree care company.
Nevertheless, on a limited scale and scope TreesUpstate does consult with community development projects where it makes sense to partner with us. Our ISA Certified Arborist Rates are $75/hour.
Site Design Review & Installation: The amount of time it takes to consult on a site plan and tree installation varies by project size. The range is typically 5 to 7 hours. If you would like to learn more, please contact Joelle Teachey at 864-313-0765 or email@example.com
A benefit of Corporate Partnership is 1 to 4 hours of technical support depending on your partnership level. See our list of current Corporate Partners.