Planting a tree is an investment in our tree canopy. When properly planted and cared for trees will reach maturity and provide annual benefits. When trees are not properly planted and cared for their life expectancy is reduced and replacement & mitigation costs are increased. There is a cost associated with improper tree plantings and improper tree care. TreesUpstate ‘s ISA Certified Arborist’s can help you get a better return on your investment.
FREE: TreesUpstate provides free technical support to schools, nonprofits, LMI neighborhood associations, and county/municipal staff.
Fees for Service: We also provide limited services to industry professionals.
Technical Support Services and Workshops we provide include:
- ANSI A300 and Z60.1 Standards and TCIA Best Management Practices (BMP)
- Hands on staff training for tree installation and care
- Custom workshop series at your site for your staff and/or leadership team
- Specifications for BMP’s e.g., soil preparation, nursery stock, tree installation, tree care
- Nursery Stock selection
- Tree ID
- Tree care evaluations and recommendations for mitigation and improvement
- Forest restoration
- Plan review (e.g., site plans, landscape plans, species lists, specifications, general landscape notes, tree protection specifications, construction set review).
- Tree Planting and Care: we provide onsite training to installers and quality control during installation
New Development, Construction, & Tree Protection
The best outcomes involve a certified arborist from the very beginning of the site analysis & design through getting a certificate of occupancy. TreesUpstate recommends you engage an ISA Certified Arborist from a local tree care company (e.g. hire one of our Corporate Partners and/or Board Members).
Nevertheless, on a limited scale TreesUpstate does consult with community development projects where it makes sense to partner with us. Our ISA Certified Arborist Rates are $75/hour.
Site Design Review & Installation: The amount of time it takes to consult on a site plan and tree installation varies by project size. The range is typically 5 to 7 hours. If you would like to learn more, please contact Joelle Teachey at 864-313-0765 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A benefit of Corporate Partnership is 1 to 4 hours of technical support depending on your partnership level. See our list of current Corporate Partners.